Charles University offers a visiting postdoc researcher to Prague a position for 6 months. It is a funded position with flexible agenda. The official task for now is a systematic review on hospital palliative care indicators but the aim of the stay according can be amended to the interests of the postdoc, the main goal of the grant scheme is to support the international collaboration and mobility.
- PhD in medical or social sciences
- Applicant must be a postdoctoral researcher – up to 7 years after obtaining the Ph.D. or equivalent. This period can be extended by months or years spent on maternity/paternity leave, long-term sick leave (more than 90 days), long-term caring for a sick relative (more than 90 days), specialization training (such as medical residency) or military service. In case that the applicant did not receive Ph.D. degree, his/her highest degree must be at least at the level 8 ISCED.
- Mobility requirements – during the last 3 years, the applicant must have worked outside the Czech Republic for 24 months minimum as a PhD student or researcher (at least 0.5 FTE).
Documents to be submitted with applications
- PhD diploma (or its equivalent, see above instructions)
- CV with relevant publications and contact details for one person who can be contacted for reference (e.g. previous supervisor or head of the department)
- Motivational letter in English – maximum 1800 characters including spaces
Salary: 84 000 CZK (equivalent of 3200 – 3300 EUR depending on the exchange rate).
Term: 1. 9. 2018 – 28. 2. 2019
Applications must be sent electronically to Dean s Office – Science and Research Administration Division, firstname.lastname@example.org by August 10, 2018.
Contact: Dr Martin Loučka, Assistant Professor, Division of Medical Psychology, email@example.com, +420 605 376 107
Charles University was founded in 1348, making it one of the oldest universities in the world. Yet it is also renowned as a modern, dynamic, cosmopolitan and prestigious institution of higher education. It is the largest and most renowned Czech university, and is also the best-rated Czech university according to international rankings.
There are currently 17 faculties at the University, 3 institutes and 6 other centres of teaching, research, development and other creative activities. The University has almost 4,500 academic and research staff and nearly 50 000 students enrolled in more than 300 degree programmes.
The Academic Ranking of World Universities – the “Shanghai League”, which every year compares more than 1,000 of the world’s best universities (selected from a total of over 17,000 institutions), has repeatedly included Charles University in the third hundred, i.e. among the 2 per cent top universities in Europe.