The Institute for Biomedical Ethics at the University of Basel (IBMB), Switzerland, is dedicated to research and teaching of biomedical ethics at the Medical and Science Faculties.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and independent graduate student or medical doctor who is interested in carrying out his/her PhD work on different ethical topics, which will help to improve the harmonization of health data collection and sharing in the Swiss healthcare system. The position is fully funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation.
Position Available: immediately
Length of PhD Program: 3 years
- Master’s degree in law, bioethics, medicine and other related fields.
- Excellent language skills in English.
- Ability to speak and understand German is highly desirable.
- Willingness to contribute towards an empirical project.
- Outstanding Master’s and Bachelor’s academic grades.
- Enthusiasm, responsibility and interest in an academic career.
- Ability to implement an already designed research project.
- Students will complete empirical methods courses as part of the PhD Program in order to successfully conduct their PhD Project.
- Students will gain knowledge and understanding of bioethics, biomedical ethics, and research ethics.
- Students will also have the possibility to contribute to the academic life at the IBMB, including contributions to teaching, as well as collaboration in other research projects and academic publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Enrolment in a Swiss Bologna accredited PhD Program in Bioethics, Health Policy and Legal medicine.
Please contact Dr. Tenzin Wangmo for any questions and send your document electronically as a single pdf to her at email@example.com.
This document should include a short letter of motivation indicating your interest in the topic, CV with publication list and other academic information, academic grades and contact information of up to 3 references.